7.29.2016

Homemade Playdough




It was one of those mornings - j napping and I was torn between getting some housework done and spending quality time with e. After so many absentminded 'yes-es' and 'I see-s' in her direction, while I scramble to finish the dishes or the like bites sometimes. My goal is to be an abundant Mama, not and absent minded one.

So I brainstormed on what project we could both focus on. Since I hadn't managed to clean up the kitchen much, what better project than homemade playdough.

I did remember reading about a recipe online not too long ago, which sounded different than all the other previous ones I had made. 'So here we go,' I thought.

The recipe calls for heating the playdough, something I was a little apprehensive about at first, mainly because I just know myself too well and I was not really up for having to explain to my husband how I managed to burn playdough on one of my pots.
But it worked out a lot better than anticipated, no burned pots or anything.

So here is the super easy recipe that will take all of oh let's say five minutes tops?




HOMEMADE PLAYDOUGH

1 cup of flour
1/4 cup of salt
1 cup water
1 TBS olive oil (or vegetable oil)
3 tsp vinegar or lemon juice

Mix all the ingredients and stir over low heat until combined.

And that's it. *big smile*

You can add food coloring if you like, I prefer not to. Food coloring is not something we usually keep around the house and I felt it looks more fun to play with without. e certainly looked like she was having a great time playing and it kept her busy for a good little while. We worked next to each other on our projects, her creating playdough moose and I finished cleaning up the kitchen. Win-win for everyone, I love projects like these. Ding, ding, ding, ding!





On a last note - I was able to store the Playdough in an old canning jar in the fridge for a long time. It's reusable, another win. Ha!

 [And my auto correct keeps trying to change Playdough into Playboy...].




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading, hope you have a wonderful day!
Best,
Bibi