10.12.2016

October Resolution: Sing me a Song




I should probably let you know that I have been doing this longer than just October - singing songs, that is. Nevertheless, I'd like to share this one with you and give you a little bit of a start on it. Here is where I'm coming from. . .

Growing up my maternal grandmother would always take us out for walks and playground visits. A lot of times our grandfather would join us and if the walk was too long they'd start singing to help us focus away from the actual walking. Also, my paternal grandmother would sing to us at nighttime and to this day I have special memories of the nursery songs she sang. All of this and a recent discovery that singing eases my children's' tensions have me break out in songs what feels like all.the.time. 

Before bedtime, during dinner preparation, changing diapers, walking up the driveway, if you were a fly on the wall you'd probably hear us sing a tune or two. The reason I'm sharing this is that I have noticed a huge improvement in my kids' moods almost as soon as we start humming. In addition, it not only increases their emotional state of mind but also mine, even if it's just from feeling silly in that moment! 

What about you? Do you do something similar?

Also sharing this post with some of these blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading, hope you have a wonderful day!
Best,
Bibi