9.07.2016

Monthly Resolution: Just do it



I know I talk about my children a lot on here, it is probably because currently, they are the center of my daily life - or the lack thereof. My life. Not my children. I have made pretty much all of my previous resolutions with my children in mind, because of motherhood. The one thing we all have opinions about and none of us want to fail at it. I have needed more time to practice some of my new habits, hence the month off in August. But lately, I have taken a renewed interest in taking the next step in learning to love myself as the mother that I am.

This fresh wave of love may come in part from listening to some positive podcasts throughout the day. Unfortunately, over the last months, I have failed to do so and I can tell a huge difference in the days I do listen to them and the days I don't. God is good, you guys. He gives me better days when I focus on Him.

Back to the month of September.

My children perceive his or her environment differently than I as an adult do. Just because they are on the go a lot, doesn't mean their brains process information in the same speed their bodies do. Even though sometimes I mistake they do.

This morning, for example, I am holding out a piece of bread for j to eat and it is as if he takes forever to take it. As if he first looks at it, brain running at high speed and coming to a squealing stop. Then, he'll reeeeeaaaach out and finally grab it.

And this has me realise that my "just do it" attitude has been getting in the way of my relationship with my children. So, my dear month of September, I want to focus on adjusting my speed to the speed of my children. And I admit it does require some more planning on my end - planning more time to get somewhere mostly.

On days that we take our time grocery shopping, my children usually are a lot more relaxed and take directions very well. When I'm in a hurry and tense, they pick up on it and are tense, usually ending the day frustrated and with tears (for everyone). But that's another post. :]


4 comments:

  1. "Just do it" has been an issue with this mama as well. I feel your pain and frustration. And I'll give a huge head nod to planning more time getting from point A to point B. My kids are teens now, and it's been a life-saver. Wishing you and praying for the best...I have a feeling you're a stellar mama. Visiting via #thoughtprovokingThursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice Bibi!! I too am having a moment with my children such as this. At 34, I have moments that I am upset that I am 'just a stay-at-home mom'...but when I look at my family, my children and see how happy they are...how great they are...I am reminded it is not all for nothing. For they have a mom who really loves them!! Thanks again for joining the #seasonalbloghopjoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son is now almost 17. I completely understand what you are going through. When he was little, I had to slow down and focus on him and let other things wait. It is so worth it because time moves on too quickly. Bibi,Thank you for sharing with Thankful Thursdays, I hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading, hope you have a wonderful day!
Best,
Bibi