6.23.2013

While she's sleeping



41 But the Lord said to her, “My dear Martha, you are worried and upset over all these details! 42 There is only one thing worth being concerned about. Mary has discovered it, and it will not be taken away from her.”
Luke 10:41-42

It is not the first time that I heard this passage, but it is one that I want to take to heart. I get distracted, a lot. My focus is not where it should be. I rush around thinking I'm working hard and concentrated on the task at hand, let it be cleaning the house or preparing for company. But the opposite is happening, I'm frantic and unfocused, worried about the wrong things. Worried about what my company will think if I leave a speck of dust on the floor. Worried that if I'm not up and doing something I'm wasting time. 

As a first time mom, oftentimes I feel like I'm not good enough at the job God has entrusted me with. I feel like there are so many areas that I need to improve and when I look at other moms I wonder how they got it all figured out so quickly. In these moments, just like Martha, I have lost touch with what is important. Whenever I feel rushed and unfocused, I want to be still and remember that He is God. He is in control and will work everything for our greater good.

That said, my little One just woke up and wants my attention. She is a wonderful gift from God and I love every second with her. Be blessed my friends, we serve an amazing God.

9 comments:

  1. What a great reminder! I'm a first-time mom as well. My daughter is almost eight months old, and I'm still working on figuring out a balance on accomplishing everything. As she gets older though and wants to spend time with me, I'm reminding myself that one of my primary responsibilities is to be her mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so true, thanks for the post and for stopping by my blog!!! Following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! There will always be areas you need to improve on as a mother, but take heart! As Jesus says, there is only one thing worth being concerned about :)

    Thanks for linking-up at Babies and Beyond. I really enjoyed this post!
    Katherine

    www.proverbsandpacifiers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's no greater joy than being a mom to a sweet baby! Hope you're having a great week so far. I'd love for you to join my Homemaking Linkup, if you'd like!

    http://www.hopeineveryseason.com/2013/06/pretty-pinks-and-greens-for-homemaking.html

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so loved this post ... the sweetness of sleep and not worrying. True rest in Him.

    ... Delighted to meet you.

    I hope you don't mind if I splash around a bit to get to know you. This looks like a refreshing place to dip my toes into some serious momma goodness.

    Your words splash me with encouragement. I would be honored to have you splash some other mommas as well. This post (or another fave) would be such a blessing to share. Just moms. Sharing our notes. Creating a melody.

    I jot a few notes on Monday, but its a jump in whenever you can melody. We get the filled to the brim momma schedules.

    Splashin'
    Sarah
    http://justsarahdawn.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-new-to-do.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah!

      yes, please splash around :) and I would love to share it with others! thank you so much for asking!

      Bibi

      Delete
  6. Such a great reminder. Even as a mama to three littles, I get more caught up in my to-do list than resting in Him. Thanks for linking up to Babies and Beyond! I'd love to feature you this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Whitney, I'm honored to be featured :-) what information do you need from me?

      I'm very excited about this! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Great post! Excellent reminder! Even the seasoned mothers can get caught in this trap; we all need this reminder from time to time!

    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading, hope you have a wonderful day!
Best,
Bibi