1.15.2012

Polenta Recipe

I made a new recipe today with Polenta - a first for me but we really liked it.

Ingredients: 

1/2 c minced onion                                      
4 Tbsp Butter                                              
1 clove minced garlic                                   
1/4 c dry wine                                             
3 Tbsp tomato paste                                    
Salt and Pepper to taste                               
1/2 c chicken broth                                      
3 Tbsp cream                                              
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese                      
1 lb 8oz Polenta                                          

Sautée onion in butter over medium heat,
add garlic
stir in wine, tomato paste, chicken broth and simmer for 5 minutes

remove from heat, stir in cream, Salt and Pepper to taste


arrange 1/2" thick slices of polenta (2-3 per serving) in lightly oiled baking dish, spoon tomato paste mixture over Polenta and sprinkle with Parmesan

bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.


ENJOY!

My wonderful husband about to stab a Polenta slice.
Never a dull moment in our house... :)

I'm back in the states... pictures of my Germany trip are to follow, soon! It's taken me longer than expected to adjust back here. ;)





7 comments:

  1. Glad you're back and looking forward to hearing about your trip. And that recipe sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really looking yummy.. If I had been there, would have ate all of them.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog, I'll keep it touch (:

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the pictures from your trip... :) I'm really looking forward hearing all about it.

    Have a great week. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to read you again Bibi and looking forward seeing your trip in pictures!
    Take your time, it was the same for me. Slowly but surely is better, no need to rush.
    PS: Thanks for a delicious recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're back! I look forward to hearing about your trip! I've never heard of/had Polenta before! I'll have to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At first glance I thought your hubs was dressed as a samurai. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so good. What a fun picture of him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading, hope you have a wonderful day!
Best,
Bibi